You might not have heard of alpha-ketoglutarate before, but it’s a substance that your body produces in one way or another every day. In fact, it’s also a substance that you probably make more of on most days than you realize. It’s found in many of the foods that we regularly eat and also in our bodies as well. It is a type of glutamate but only with an extra carbon atom attached to it.
Because of this unique structure, there are some benefits to consuming it and integrating it into your diet if possible. This article will provide an overview of what alpha-ketoglutarate is and why you might want to add it to your meals as often as possible for maximum benefit.
What is Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AKG)?
Alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) is an organic compound that plays a key role in energy metabolism. It is a naturally-occurring compound that plays an important role in cellular energy metabolism. AKG is produced by the body when carbohydrates are broken down into glucose molecules. AKG is found in many foods, but it's most concentrated in whole grains, legumes, dairy products, and vegetables. It is also found in small amounts in many foods, including red meats, dairy products, and some vegetables.
In the body, AKG is involved in cellular respiration and synthesis of certain molecules. It also helps to maintain normal levels of glucose and amino acids in the bloodstream. The alpha-keto part of the name comes from the fact that it has a ketone group attached. This particular type of ketone is derived from amino acids in the body. It is present in both plants and animals. It can be synthesized naturally in the body as well. It’s a type of glutamate that has an extra carbon atom attached to it. This is the reason why it has so many potential health benefits.
Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AKG) Is Important
Alpha-ketoglutarate is important because it has a wide range of potential health benefits. If you’re looking to improve your health and live a healthier lifestyle, it may be useful to consume more of this substance. What’s more, many of the potential benefits of alpha-ketoglutarate can vary depending on what your current health goals are. This means that there are multiple ways in which consuming more of this substance can fortify your health. For example, it is useful for muscle health, immune function, and more. Because of this wide range of potential benefits, it can be worthwhile to try consuming more of this substance for better health.
Health Benefits of Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AKG)
AKG has lately been shown to provide health benefits as well. It has a variety of health benefits, including:
- Restoration of tissue and muscle - AKG travels through your body via multiple pathways. As it moves through your organs, AKG helps repair and strengthen your muscles and heal certain illnesses you may have.
- Excellent dietary supplementation - This medication is also acknowledged as a useful dietary supplement due to the role it plays in cell metabolism and physiology. AKG is required for the oxidation of fatty acids, amino acids, and glucose. As a result, it provides a significant amount of energy. It accomplishes this while simultaneously maintaining ammonia and amino acid detoxification and supporting carbohydrate and nitrogen metabolism.
- Anti-aging to maintain your cells’ health - AKG is one of the newest but most useful anti-aging supplements that can help your cells stay healthy. It helps maintain cell health, including maintaining the integrity of DNA. It helps keep cells healthy by protecting against oxidative damage caused by free radicals and by reducing inflammatory responses. It is known to have antioxidant properties and has been shown to help keep DNA damage from happening to cells as a result of aging.
Who Should Take Alpha-Ketoglutarate?
Alpha-ketoglutarate is essential for a healthy body at any age. Specifically, it can benefit the following:
- Athletes - Using AKG during your workouts can help you improve your endurance and stamina. It also helps to keep your muscle mass intact, allowing you to return to the gym sooner after a particularly strenuous session. A considerable number of people who frequently visit gyms have already begun to use it.
- Adult women - A number of studies have demonstrated that adult women who use AKG can experience weight loss benefits. Additionally, it has been shown to reduce fat mass in overweight women when they exercise.
- Elderly people - AKG may be able to help reduce bone loss in the elderly by decreasing osteoclasts, which are cells responsible for bone destruction. It may also reduce blood pressure in older adults who already have high blood pressure.
How To Take Alpha-Ketoglutarate?
You can easily increase the amount of alpha-ketoglutarate in your diet. There are numerous foods that contain this component, and you can choose from a wide range of possibilities. For example, several veggies are high in alpha-ketoglutarate and can be an advisable method to increase your AKG intake. Beets, broccoli, carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes are among them.
In general, taking alpha-ketoglutarate is a really good idea, particularly when taking into consideration how much your kidneys and heart do for you already. However, if you're not interested in ingesting meals rich in alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG), you can also consider taking AKG supplements, which can improve your overall health.
Alpha-ketoglutarate is a chemical that your body creates on a daily basis. It is also a substance that you can ingest on a daily basis to get the benefits of. It's a glutamate with an extra carbon atom connected to it. All of these qualities combine to make it an exceptionally strong molecule that, when ingested frequently, can purvey a wide range of health benefits. To include more alpha-ketoglutarate in your diet, you can eat a variety of foods or consider taking alpha-ketoglutarate supplements.
MyLife Therapeutics' alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) supplement is one of the most well-known and well-respected products on the subject. Their items are well-known for their high quality and efficacy. They provide a plentiful supply of energy, promote, amino acid and ammonia detoxification, while also coupling carbohydrate and nitrogen metabolism.
Join the many other satisfied customers who have received results with this simple supplement. Try alpha-ketoglutarate today and sign up for 10% off.
Cai X, Zhu C, Xu Y, et al. Alpha-ketoglutarate promotes skeletal muscle hypertrophy and protein synthesis through Akt/mTOR signaling pathways [retracted in: Sci Rep. 2020 Oct 28;10(1):18721]. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26802. Published 2016 May 26.https://mylifetherapeutics.com/products/alpha-ketoglutarate?variant=42028824199388